1. The Subtle Character Behind the Opposition: Satan Himself ( Gen 3:1, Rev 12:9)
Having lost the battle to frustrate God’s Grand Plan of redemption at Calvary ( Gen 3:15, Jn 12:31) Satan works in the Gospel Age to corrupt the truth and confuse the mind of the saints, because “he has but a short time”, Rev 12:12.
2. It is a Battle Against Denial of the Resurrection
- By denying the reality of Death, Gen 3:4, substituting Plato for Genesis 3:19
- By claiming that every man is immortal, he merely sheds the body at death; immortality is not the gift of God to saints on Resurrection Day , per 1 Cor 15:53-55
3.It is a battle Against Denial of Biblical Atonement at Calvary
- By denying that Jesus really died (eg Calvin, etc., and a growing number of “evangelical preachers” today)
- By the Romish notion that Christ’s suffering alone paid the price of sin (contr Is.53:7,8,10,12, Heb 9:26, Lev 17:11, and misuse of Is.53:5, Heb 9:22)
4. It is a Battle Against Denial that God will Finally Triumph over Satan
- By portraying “Hell as a place of mental torment and darkness in which Satan retains a “kingdom” (over 99% of mankind!), therefore a part of God’s universe forever at enmity with Him.
- By degrading God’s transcendent majesty and justice, making Him less glorious than before Creation.
5. It is a Battle Against Faulty Exegesis of Scripture
- That is, against the spurious “exegesis” and dicta of Church Councils, Creeds, human “authorities”, and tradition, and the proof-texts they claim; this has been the characteristic form of exegesis practiced by Rome.
6. It is a Battle for Biblical exegesis, ie seeking out the “whole counsel of Scripture” in accordance with the rules given in 1 Cor 2:13, 2 Pe 1:20 et al.